Thursday, December 27, 2007

Catching up....

One of the big events this Christmas....Kathy broke a bone in her foot. It happened before the holiday and she's been hobbling around ever since. It was my fault because she was trying to call me while walking down the stairs. I'm afraid to mention it because next thing you know we'll have laws restricting cell phone use on the stairs. She can be a little stubborn determined at times and was convinced that she still needed to do all of the cooking that she normally does at this time of year (she is an awesome cook). Anyway, she's now concerned that she is going to have to continue wearing the brace after the next doctor visit. We'll see.

Yesterday, I accepted a position with Oakwood Systems Group. Oakwood is a consulting company based out of St. Louis. They have an office in Brentwood. I believe that this is a good step for me at this point. I am excited about starting after the first of the year.

The youth group at Church is encouraging the kids to read the New Testament out of 'The Message' between the first of the year and the end of school. I am going to try to do the same, I desperately need to get back into regular Bible reading.

For Christmas this year, I asked for and received a Zune (Microsoft's version of the iPod). Pretty cool device. To be honest, I've not listened to whole lot of music on it yet. My idea was to get it to listen to when I travel. I quickly realized that it is a tremendous training tool for both professional and spiritual training. I've heard of podcasts for a while, but I didn't have a device that could do it, so I didn't pay much attention. Real quick, a podcast can be thought of as an audio blog. You subscribe to a podcast with your device's software, and when new posts are made, the software automatically downloads them to your device. You can then listen to them any time. I started using it yesterday and I've subscribed to two professional feeds (.NET Rocks and The polymorphic podcast) and four spiritual feeds, two from Ravi Zacharius and two from the Northpoint Church (Andy Stanley). Any of you podcasters out there, let me know if you have suggestions about what to listen to.

Well, 2007 is about done with. To be honest, I'm not really sad to see it go. I don't really have resolutions, I used to set goals for the year, I've pretty much stopped that as well. At this point, I live from day to day. I think that's scriptural. I'm amazed at how God taught the Israelites to trust him, day to day. The manna came every day, you can't collect enough for tomorrow, just today. You must trust...you must believe.

Have a good day.

No comments: