Sunday, December 30, 2007

Listening Recommendations...

I told you about the Zune that I got for Christmas...

My first reaction was to load a bunch of music on it, but then I started subscribing to podcasts. For the last few days I've been listening to Andy Stanley. When I was living at home I watched his dad on TV -- "if you miss church, its ok if you watch Charles Stanley on TV ;-)"

Andy is amazing though, I highly recommend the series called "The Sinai Code". It is about the 10 commands and the purpose for each one. The thing that really struck me was the 4th commandment. Do you know what the 4th commandment is? The first three are about God. 1) You will have no other gods before me 2) Don't try to make anything that represents me 3) Don't misuse my name. What was the most important thing on God's mind after those 3? You will take a day off every week. hmmmm....

Listening to it will change your perspective on the Old Testament and New Testament law. Go here to subscribe via an iPod or go here to listen with your computer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been listening to Andy Stanley for months. I have really enjoyed all of the series. The SC has been exceptional.