Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Nashville Tradition Revisited...

Hello gang....sorry that it has been so long. Between keeping a job and finding a job and hair-raising rides with a new driver, its been tough to get time to update everybody on what is going on.

So...let's see...
the job hunt is going pretty well, I'm getting a lot of interest from companies. I should have good news on that front pretty soon (hopefully).

I had a strange experience last Friday evening. We went to the FCS basketball game. This year the team is young, very young. Mostly freshmen and sophmores. It was almost surreal to me to see these boys on a varsity basketball court. I've been watching most of the play since they were 8 or 9 years old. It just didn't seem right for them to be out there.

I've been driving the truck pretty regularly....I love it. Something about driving a 5 speed pickup truck reminds me that I'm not all geek ;-)

Here's some pretty cool news. Chris (who at times is quite a ham) is doing live online play-by-play of the FCS basketball games. He loves sports, but didn't really latch on to playing basketball. But somehow, he got involved in doing the play-by-play. It's pretty cool. The web site is http://atwsportscast.com. I'll let you know when they are broadcasting. I'm just waiting for him to do his Waterboy impression during a broadcast...

We've been having some mobile phone troubles as a family, last weekend, we added a new phone to the mix which meant everybody switched around. I knew that was going to happen and was looking forward to it because I knew that I would get a phone with a better camera. Many times I've seen funny or interesting thing that I wanted to photograph and share. The camera on my previous phone was terrible, but now I have one that is pretty good. Blogger + Flickr + a good camera phone is cool for a blogger. (see comments)

Last night, I had to go to Nashville to install a new version of software at one of my client's office. I talked to Kathy before I left and she said that I needed to take the loop around Nashville because they had a sign on the old American General Building. It took me a while to get to where I could take a picture, but I thought I would share it.

For those of you who "ain't from around here", this building was originally the home office for American General Insurance. When they were based there, they always had a sign on the building. As a kid, it was always exciting to drive around the loop at night to see what it said. Several years ago, American General built another building and moved to Brentwood. The office building was bought by the State of Tennessee. They don't put messages on the building much any more...but it seems like they do around Christmas.

If you don't stop by this way again before Christmas....Merry Christmas to you and your families.

3 comments:

Donnie Hall said...

If you use flickr and have a good camera phone, check out
this page or
this page. You can email pictures directly to your flickr account and also (with tightly spinning propeller) send a picture to flickr and have it immediately posted to your blog. Who remembers when you used to get double prints?

Anonymous said...

pretty cool.... I love old traditions like that.

Anonymous said...

My job search in Nashville is not going so well. Oh well, I'll just keep trying!