Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The things you learn from watching professionals....

This afternoon, the landscaping crew was at my client's office raking leaves. The way that they did it was so simple and elegant that I was truly impressed.

They laid a tarp on the ground, raked the leaves onto the tarp, then two people picked it up by the four corners and carried the leaves to the back of a pickup truck to be hauled off.

Brilliant!

Being someone who solves problems for a living, I've seen the progression in my own thinking about problem solving. At first, we would try to create the most complicated solution possible. As you gain experience, you quickly realize that the best solution is the simplest solution that everyone can see and understand.

1 comment:

lb said...

That's a trick I've used for many years with 3+ acres and sycamore trees! I should become a professional landscaper....