Sunday, March 1, 2009

Brilliance....

Hey gang....sorry it's been a while since I posted. Lot's of changes and goings on last week. I'm still trying to catch up, but I wanted to share something with you that I found. My new apartment has a fireplace, but I didn't have any kindling to start the fire with. I went to the grocery to buy some starter blocks that Duraflame makes and I found something called "Strike-a-fire" made by Diamond. These things are cool. They are like a large match that you can strike. They burn for about 15 minutes which is enough to start a large piece of firewood. They are really cool. I bet they would be great for starting a charcoal fire with no lighter fluid.

Here's a link

1 comment:

TARA said...

Teenage boys have a lot of unique ways to start fires. I wouldn't say they were "brilliant" - however.

Pour hand sanitizer onto desired surface, light match, and enjoy the heat.

Some liquid antacids are quite combustable :)

Near empty aerosol cans of AXE and silly string make an earth shattering KABOOM when thrown into an already burning fire. This won't do much, however, for your relationship with neighbors, but will drive their yappy dogs insane.

THE WORKS toilet bowl cleaner, when mixed with a ball of tin foil, will, when under pressure, produce another earth shattering kaboom !

If you need more ideas, we have a whole team of brilliant teenage guys who have a lot of knowledge regarding pyrotechnics.