Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Every little thing's gonna be alright...

This morning I woke up earlier than usual. My usual tendency when I first get up is to get on the computer, check email, may post to the blog check facebook...whatever. I usually wind up getting involved in work.

This morning, I told myself not to do that. There were a few things like folding laundry and getting the ashes out of the fireplace that I needed to do. I went to fold clothes, which obviously has to be done to music. I picked up my Zune and tried to decide what I wanted to listen to. I was scrolling through the artists on there to choose what I wanted to listen to. Now you need to know that all of the music on my Zune is not controlled by me. Chris and Sarah download music all the time when they visit and I've also subscribed to some 'channels' that just download music according to someone's suggestion.

As a I scrolled through the menu, the name Bob Marley scrolled by. I backed up to see what I had. I had never listened to Bob Marley much, but I know he is an icon to many. I expected to see 'I Shot The Sheriff', but the Bob Marley song I had was called 'Three Little Birds'. So I listened....



You know, these are pretty tough times. Every time I turn around I hear about more layoffs. People who have worked for a company for decades are being asked to leave. I don't know if you believe that God only speaks through the Bible. My belief is, he speaks to me in the way I need spoken to. Sometimes its a song, meeting a particular person and on the very rare occasion, he'll use a preacher. The one thing I know for certain. He spoke to me this morning through Bob Marley.

As I was looking for a youtube video to post, the first version I found was this one. It's pretty good...

No comments: