Sunday, December 21, 2008

You better watch out....

On my midnight trip to Walmart last night, I spent a lot of time waiting in line. Walmart is packed on the Saturday before Christmas even at midnight. When I finally reached the cashier, she was wearing a Titans jersey. I told her that I felt like doing a touchdown dance because I had finally gotten there.

Anyway, I paid with a check...Walmart has the cool thing where they read the check and submit it electronically. When I did it, I told the cashier about an earlier trip that I had made to Walmart...I think the cashier was trying to scam me.

I handed her the check to print...here's what happened...

Cashier"I need you to sign the check"
Me"I'll sign it after you print it"

The cashier got a disgusted look on her face, ran the check through the reader, handed me my receipt, the printed check and had me sign a separate slip.

Me"You don't need me to sign the check?"
Cashier "no"

I never understood that. I like to believe in the goodness of people, but I'm just wondered if she was going to somehow find herself with a signed blank check.

If she had, she would have been sorely dissappointed in what she would have been able to get with it anyway.

Just a thought...

No comments: