Monday, January 19, 2009

They didn't die just because they aren't on the radio...

I've been listening to a couple of guys lately that I thought I'd share with you. Both were very popular at one time, haven't had a radio hit in a long time, but are still making some great music.

Marc Cohn is a name you may not recognize, but I bet you remember his hit "Walking in Memphis". What a song...what an album...I still listen to it regularly. Music subscriptions give me a chance to download and listen to a lot of music with out costing me a lot of money. Marc Cohn makes a lot of great music. I've downloaded all of his albums that I can, they are all good. Here's on of my favorites...



Bruce Hornsby is a name you probably remember. One evening I was watching a jazz festival and he played. Unbeknowst to me, he was trained as a jazz musician. I became intrigued and downloaded some of his later music. It has too much of a jazz feel to it to be 'popular', but it is very good in my opinion. He is very improvisational and is a musical genius....here is a great example...

No comments: