Saturday, August 18, 2007

Let me tell you about my weekend....

For some time, I've been looking for a pickup truck. As my son Chris approaches driving age, I figured we probably needed a third vehicle. I wasn't looking for anything real nice, but I did want a vehicle with a manual transmission. I want to be sure that my kids can drive a stick shift.

Kathy found a classified ad in the paper for a 1998 Chevy 1500 with 40,000 miles. I shook my head and said, "they mean 140,000 miles right". I called and it was true, 40,000 miles.

Every time we had found a truck that we were interested in, it was gone before we could look at it, so I moved on this one pretty quick. I drove it last Friday night, we agreed on the price and planned to pick it up the next day.

As Kathy and I were leaving to get the truck, we walked through our garage only to find about 1/2" of water standing in it. Our water heater had ruptured and we had a mess to clean up (and a water heater to buy in addition to the pickup).

To make a long story short, we got the truck, we got the water heater and after 5 cold showers, my house is back in order and everything's good.

No comments: