Sunday, August 26, 2007

The search for truth....

I signed on this evening to look something up. I didn't really mean to post anything, but I stumbled on a video that addresses one of my long-standing beliefs and I just wanted to post something about it. Here's the topic, is science anti-God or the Church anti-science?

My opinion? we are both searching for the same thing, truth. And, secondly, if we are all searching for truth honestly.....won't we arrive at the same, or close to the same conclusion?

I stumbled on this video by the History channel concerning the development of the Grand Canyon. For years, we've been taught the standard erosion model of the formation of the canyon over 'millions and millions of years'.
This scientist realized that this erosion model doesn't provide an adequate explanation. There must have been something else at work....maybe a flood.

He doesn't provide the Biblical explanation of the source of the flood (of course), but isn't it interesting that a flood is the next best guess for the formation of the canyon? Will scientists continually climb the mountain of knowledge and when they reach the pinnacle find their answers agreeing perfectly with the Bible? If the Bible is what it claims to be (and I believe it is).....they will.

----------------
Update: I found this article from the creaton science museum that provides a theory about the creation of the Grand Canyon from a Biblical point of view.

No comments: