Monday, September 22, 2008

Do you have God all figured out?

It has been my experience that many people believe they have God all figured out. Worshiping him involves a set of rules, regulations, organization and rituals. A few weeks ago, at the suggestion of my counselor, I read "The Shack". This book challenged my view of God in a way that I've never experienced before. Since reading this book, I have given away about 5 copies and encouraged many others to read it.

If you are open to the challenge, please read this book. I would love to hear your reactions. I'm sure that there are some who would consider it blasphemous because it presents many concepts that challenge deeply held beliefs about God.

Please read the book, it is short, and once you begin reading it, you won't be able to put it down. I've been buying the paperback at Walmart for $10.43. If you buy it and feel it was waste of money, let me know. I'll reimburse you.

1 comment:

TARA said...

Yup I read this one when my cousin was passing out copies. It was easy reading. It does make you think beyond our typical box we've put God into. He's capable of doing much more than we can ever imagined. I am more aware now of how much He loves us and wants to be part of our lives.

However, the book is fiction and should be considered within the realms it was written.