Sunday, September 28, 2008

Donnie's Weight Loss Plan....

I've lost about 25-30 lbs over the past few months. Jokingly I tell people that the Donnie Hall weight loss plan is pretty tough, but it works. The plan really really comprises two components 1) life altering stress 2) eating my own cooking.

Part one might not be too appealing, and if you can cook, part two might not work either, however, the plan works for me.

Now I grew up in the South, Middle Tennessee to be exact. In the south, we eat simple, this is the land where "meat and three" was born. We grill out a lot, I tell folks that I can't cook much, but if the recipe is meat + fire, I can do pretty well.

Several months ago, I was in St. Louis on business and stayed over the weekend. I was staying in the law district in St. Louis and everything was kind of high brow and expensive. On Saturday morning, I walked to a street where there were several small local restaurants. No chains, just small quaint restaurants, antique shops, that sort of stuff. Anyway, I found a "Wine Bar" (I don't think we have those in Tennessee) that served breakfast on the weekends. I looked over the menu and found something that sounded interesting it was a "Turkey and Vermont White Cheddar omelette". I had one on saturday. It was so good, I went back on Sunday and had another. This weekend, I was thinking about what we would eat when the kids were visiting. I decided to try it, I may not be much of a cook, but breakfast I can do pretty well.

Anyway, I'm no Rachel Ray, but here is what I did.

I bought about 3 smoke turkey slices from Kroger, had them sliced thick (about 1/8").
I cut them up into small cubes. I took about 1/4 of the block of Cracker Barrel Vermont white cheddar and cut it into cubes (I don't have a cheese grater, but will get one). I took about six eggs, scrambled them up and put them in a large skillet. I let them cook until stiff. pile on enough turkey and cheese to make you happy. Let the cheese melt a little bit. Then serve. It's awesome. You might try getting some Pillsbury Cinnabon Cinnamon rolls as well. It's a good time. Just had it this morning.

Enjoy

3 comments:

TARA said...

Variation:
Use the Boars Head Salsalita Turkey
Add Sharp Shredded Cheddar
Garnish with Salsa, Chives, and Sour Cream :)

Donnie Hall said...

si senora...

Anonymous said...

Impressed with your weight loss plan! Too prefer Weight Watchers for it's saving plans for healthy weight loss.