Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'd like to introduce you....

Since I was in high school I have been a fan of musicians like Jeff Lorber, Kenny G, David Sanborn and many others. Within the past few years, I've begun hearing the term "Smooth Jazz".

Many times, when people hear the word Jazz, they immediately say "I don't like Jazz..." The reason is that when you hear jazz, you think of a quartet who seem to be playing different songs at the same time and are oblivious to each other.

Smooth Jazz is much more melodic, there is not so much improvisation. I appreciate improvisational jazz, but when I listen to it, I listen for a totally different reason than when I listen to Smooth Jazz.

A few years ago, I somehow came across the web site or myspace page for an artist named Euge Groove. He was the first self-promoted artist I'd ever listened to. I immediately liked his work, though sadly I didn't keep up with him.

A couple of days ago, I remembered the name and downloaded some of his work. He's now with the Narada label which is a big jazz label. I was listening to his albums yesterday and came across the song "Get 'em Going" This is the kind of song that really does get me going. I thought I'd share it with you. You just might find yourself a jazz fan as well..

No comments: