Thursday, October 23, 2008

The most beautiful music in the world...

Please pardon my current music kick...however...my love for music has returned with a vengeance. Last night, I went into the used CD store that is across from my apartment. I was thinking...ok.....what are the CDs that I've had in the past that I would like to replace. I browsed through what they had. I was amazed at some of the great music that people had sold. They had a copy of "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis. I took it out of the case and told the guy behind the counter, "No one should ever give this CD up" he said "Maybe they got the deluxe edition" hmmm....I'll give you that.

Anyway, I was thinking about the CD's that I used to have that I wanted to replace. One CD that I would absolutely love to have but can't find anywhere is one called "Los Lobotomies". It was a live CD recorded by some of the members of Toto. They did some jazz standards some Jimi Hendrix. It was great, but is not available much of anywhere. I bought a copy of it a few years ago when Walmart first opened their online music store. Somehow the license got screwed up with it and I can't listen to it any more.

I did think of one CD that I used to have that got broken somehow. It was the soundtrack to the show "Riverdance". Ever since the first time I heard that music it inspired me. This is music that reaches down in your soul. I saw the show when it came to Nashville about 10 years ago. I found out that it is coming again in February, the day that the tickets go on sale is on my calendar.

A sample of the music is available on their website. Just go to http://www.riverdance.com/ there is a button at the top right that says music player. It plays the music from one of the highlights of the show. Some of my friends and I have been reminiscing on facebook about our old marching band days in high school. One of the things we've talked about is some of the sayings from our band director. Somebody mentioned one that I don't remember him saying, but it applies here.

"If that don't turn you on, you don't have any knobs"

No comments: