Saturday, October 6, 2007

Catching up...

Well, as you can probably guess, its been a bit of a crazy week at the Hall home. Let me see if I can catch you up on what's going on.

Truck update well D&R automotive threw their collective hands in the air on my truck. They simply didn't have the equipment that they needed to diagnose the problem. They recommended that I take it to the dealer. There is another shop in town where the owner used to work at a dealership. He seemed to have the equipment that he needed and was even aware of a technical service bulletin that was related to the issue that I was having....here's hoping. To D&R's credit though, they looked at it 4 times and didn't charge me anything. I begged them to charge me and they wouldn't.

Job Update Wrapping up my part of the first big project at the new job. About to start the next project. It's challenging, hard work, but it is good to feel like I'm really part of a team rather than being the 'outsider'.

Kathy Update Kathy is really enjoying getting going on the real estate thing. She's going to do well, though, if you read the news, its not a good time to get into real estate.

Chris & Sarah I'm so proud of these two. We got their grades this week. They work hard at it, and have done very very well.

Football Update The 5th & 6th grade football season is over (Sarah is a cheerleader). That frees up one night per week. We are in the second half of the varsity football season. Chris doesn't play much during the varsity games but has done well at the JV games. FCS had their first district loss last night. It was a hard fought game.

Spiritual Update I think Donna wrote in her blog about worry being sin. I know that. I also know that instead of worrying you should pray. I remember to do that....sometimes. Sometimes I just worry. The Jews were always big on monuments and festivals. They were constantly surrounded by reminders of events where God had taken care of them. When pressures start getting to me, I try to think back about all the times where there is no possible explanation other than God reached down and took care of me. I think when I get into trouble is when I start thinking its up to me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I can ever get a job up that way, I'll buy my house from Kathy! :)

Donnie Hall said...

Come on up....we'd love to have you.