Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Could it really be that simple?

I was reading a blog concerning a fairly polarizing issue with a particular group of believers. Those on one side of the issue considered it to be a 'salvation issue' (if you do that you are lost) where others considered it to be more a matter of preference.

For years, I've been one of those that constantly worried...am I saved? how do I know? Could Jesus' blood really take care of that thing I did? I was often confused about whether I was 'good enough' (I'm not) or had done enough (I haven't) for Jesus to pick me when he comes to gather his own. I was confused many times by what I was taught. It seemed that I was being taught that someone could be lost for believing differently even though you couldn't find two people that agreed on everything.

Though I had read this story many times, the implications of it had really not hit me until someone pointed it out to me. Is this really a picture of what Jesus is going to ask at the judgement? Are these the real 'salvation issues' I think that they probably are. Maybe we should quit arguing about differences of opinion and make sure that we have these taken care of.

No comments: