Monday, October 29, 2007

What a weekend....

Well, all in all it was a good weekend sports-wise. FCS won on Friday night to secure a spot in the playoffs. I love the small town, Chris' picture and name was on the front page of the paper Saturday morning evening though he didn't play a single snap in the game. He evidently made a picturesque celebration leap when they won. My apologies to the lineman who do all the hard work and seem to not get any recognition.

Saturday was good....UT beats Steve 'I'll throw my hat at you' Spurrier that's always good. The Titans play horribly on Sunday but luckily played a team that played worse. I almost forgot, Rockies win 21 of 22 then lose 4 in a row. Wow... It's interesting to watch the rise of the BoSox and the decline of the Yankees at the same time. They announced during the game last night that A-Rod was leaving the Yanks. I'm pulling for A-Rod, he seems like a decent guy, and he's the best hope we have that Barry Bonds won't hold the home run record long. Go A-Rod!

Most of my weekend was spent working. We are releasing a web site this week and it's been quite a challenge to get it ready.

You know how some folks buy a car every 2 years? I've figured out that you need to buy a new house every 15 years. That seems to be when everything starts breaking.

We had a nephew and niece spend the weekend with us while their parents were out of town. Kathy spent most of the weekend keeping up with them and trying to figure out how to get the normal stuff done (laundry, grocery etc..) done now that she has a 5 day/week job. I told her that she should get her no good husband to help.

Chris went to the church youth hayride. It brought back stories of last year when he went. Last year it was the first real activity that he went on with our new Church. He managed to have an ember from the bonfire land on his jeans and start a small blaze. He wound up having to take his pants off in the woods so they could put them out. From then on, he was the 'boy that burned his wiener' at the Church hayride. He takes teasing and kidding much better than I did at his age....his response..."I'm good, but thanks for asking"

Sarah is excited and ready to play basketball. I believe that she will do well this year. She has a lot of hustle and a very good attitude. The coaches seem very interested and have a good track record in coaching girl's softball. We'll just have to see.

Well....that's the news and I am outta here....

No comments: