Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Hair Management Day

Well, yesterday was the day that I looked in the mirror, find that there are a few (very few) hairs sticking straight up on top of my head and they need to be put in their place. One of the cool things about being bald, is that when I need a haircut I can do it myself (for the most part)

A few random thoughts on hair from the bald guy:


  • We bought some clippers 11 years ago for $35 to cut my hair with, I've saved a ton.

  • Cleaning up after a haircut doesn't take as long as it used to.

  • I really don't worry much about what kind of shampoo I use any more, that used to be a big deal.

  • What are split ends?

  • If measured in something like follicles/Donnie I'm probably in the plus department compared to when I was in high school

  • I never saw my dad with hair, I guess that's why I don't worry about it much

  • My dad always carried a comb, he said he used it to scratch his head.

  • Hair is like real estate. What's important is location location location

  • I used to use shampoo and conditioner, now a bar of soap works in a pinch.

  • I used to use a blow dryer, now a towel works as both comb and dryer

  • I do miss the social aspects of going to get my haircut

  • Thank you Michael Jordan for making bald cool!


-----------

I love quotations, always have, in my blogroll I have a service that give quotations every day. Today's post had a quote from G.K.Chesterton, it was pretty good:

A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.

I noticed that I could click on his name and see all quotes in the collection that were by him...This one caught my attention:

Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese.

Here is the full list of G.K. Chesterton quotes

3 comments:

Amy S. Grant said...

Love it!

Donna G said...

You made me smile today...thanks!

TARA said...

Reminds me of the Gallagher stand up comic and I quote him (who is also follicle challenged), "In the beginning of time....the essence of gorilla went up to the Lord and said, "I WANT HAIR" and the Lord said, "FINE, BUT ITS GONNA COST YOU BRAINS", then Gallagher removes his hat and says, "ME, I GOT BRAINS!" If you and Kathy havn't seen that one, we need to dig it out and have you over!