Thursday, November 1, 2007

Girl Crazy...





In my younger years, there were a lot of ways you could've described me, but the way I would most likely be described would be Girl Crazy. I just couldn't help it, it's who I was. I felt very fortunate to have survived my teenage years without it getting me into any serious trouble.

As I've gotten older, I've realized that God has a tremendous sense of humor. You see, now, I'm in my upper-early 40's and find myself being the dad to a long-legged-blue-eyed-blonde. Now, I get to be the worried dad. I'm on the other side of this fence. My only hope now is that long-legged-blue-eyed-blondes will go out of style. Any chance of that?

When we were expecting, we found out that we were going to have a girl. I told Kathy that I was ok with having a girl as long as she was ugly (didn't happen). I then backed off that and said "Ok, she can be pretty, but she needs to know Jujitsu". Later, someone pointed out to me that knowing Jujitsu was one thing, being willing to use it is quite another. Yeah....I guess that's right. (Notice in the picture that she has not one but two phones in hand....trouble)

I've always known about the special connection that exists between a son and his mother. I really didn't know about the connection between a father and his daughter. When she was young, she was very much a momma's girl. She really didn't even like me that much, and told me so. As she's grown older, we've developed that special bond that exists between a father and his daughter. I guess it's a whole different kind of girl crazy now.

Happy Birthday Baby, I love you very much...

Here's another thing on the long list of things that make me cry....

1 comment:

Donna G said...

Happy Birthday to your Cinderella!