Sunday, November 4, 2007

I love fall...



I love the fall, I always have. Football...basketball...cooler temperatures....I love everything about it. For some reason I even like the clothes that you can wear in the fall better than any other season. I remember in college, I had bought this cool jacket and I couldn't wait to wear it. Kathy and I went to a football game at her alma mater. It was one of the first games of the season (still summer), but I wore my jacket.

One of my most fond memories of fall, is when we used to have a family reunion in Gatlinburg every year. I have some family in Georgia that would meet us every year. It was always a great time. I loved Gatlinburg. We usually stayed at a lodge called The Brookside Resort. They have a bridge with benches built over the Little Pigeon River (which is a creek at that point). Sitting on that bridge on a cool autumn evening is one of my favorite places to be.

As a severe allergy sufferer, I believe that the first frost should be a national holiday.

Friday, was FCS's homecoming. They played MJCA which was a game we thought Chris might actually get to play in. He did, and had another long touchdown run! It was cool. The local radio station has a coach's breakfast where all the local football coaches meet at Shoney's and are interviewed about their games. The coach called Chris' name for scoring a touchdown which was very cool to hear.

Saturday was pretty busy. Sarah had her first basketball games. She and her team did well. They played a regular season game at FCS then we drove to Carroll Oakland School to participate in a Jamboree with 3 other teams. On the way to Carroll Oakland, we took Cedar Grove Road. I'd always heard of that road, but, I don't remember ever driving on it. I've definitely never driven it on a bright sunny fall afternoon. It is a very curvy tree lined road. In one of the curves, there was rugged fence with trees all around. I was struck by it on the way there, we stopped on the way back just long enough for me to get a few pictures.

Sarah had a birthday party with her friends Saturday evening. Our friend Bonita who sells for Mary Kay came over and showed the girls how to pick colors for make up and they all did make overs. One of Sarah's gifts was a dance game for the Nintendo Wii. She and her friends had a blast playing that as well. For some reason Chris and I usually have to be somewhere else during the friend birthday party.

Chris and I had the chance to go to the Titans game today. He's going to go, but I had to back out because of work responsibilities. I'm a little miffed about that one. Anyway, fall is always busy. I love the fall...

No comments: