Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Nerd Humor


NerdTests.com says I'm a Highly Dorky High Nerd.  What are you?  Click here!
I saw someone had posted the results of their own nerd test on their blog, so I had to take it. My favorite question showed a picture of a an attractive woman, smiling for the photo. The question said, "What's the first thing you notice?" They had some different options like, her face, her shirt, her hair, then the last option was "Hey, Vulcans don't smile". Sure enough the girl had Vulcan ears from star trek, I guess I lost a lot of nerd points there because I didn't notice that at all.

I also heard a couple of jokes that only the other nerds out there can appreciate:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

If you don't get them, be thankful.

2 comments:

Amy S. Grant said...

I don't get them, so guess I'm thankful! And one personality test a day is more than enough for me. I may try this one later. :)

Donnie Hall said...

ok, here's the humor for the non-technical folks out there.

127.0.0.1 is an IP address, basically, your address on the internet. 127.0.0.1 is called the loopback address which is an address that always refers to the computer that you are on which would be your 'home' computer. So, it's a play on "There's no place like 'home'"

Binary is the numeric system computers use, there are only two digits 0 and 1. Without getting to numerical 10 is the binary representation of the number 2. So even though it looks 'There are 10 (ten) kinds of people in the world', its saying there are 10 (two) kinds of people in the world.

See, isn't that hilarious? ;-)