Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Through the eyes of a child....

Years ago, I had the distinct pleasure of attending a class taught by Bud Lambert. Bud holds multiple graduate degrees in addition to a Bachelor's Degree in Bible translation. He is truly an intellectual. At the same time, he is one of the most humble men I've ever met. He frequently began his class with a statement like this:

"What we are talking about today are conclusions that I've come to based on my own study and experiences. You should only consider them to be true only if after your own careful study and consideration that you find them to be true."

My point is, I've had no formal Bible education, my interpretation of different verses will likely vary from flawed to dead wrong. This is simply where I am...

No comments: