Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Enjoy the ride....


Wow, what a wild few weeks we've had. We've been adjusting to school getting back in session. Chris, especially, has been adjusting to the demands of high school honors classes and high school athletics at the same time. It's a struggle, but it'll sure be something to be proud of when its over. Sarah is a having a blast in the sixth grade and has really started to enjoy cheerleading. Football season has started which means two or three nights per week are tied up in football games.

Kathy has been in classes to get her Real Estate License. She is in her 3rd (and final) week this week. She has done very well and we are all proud of her. My new job is really starting to get busy, I have a big deadline this week. On top of all of that, Chris had two major projects that were due yesterday. One was a leaf collection, the other was a presentation for English. So much for a relaxing holiday weekend.

Sunday, my great-nephew Ian had his fourth birthday party. For the last couple of years, they have set up an inflatable water slide for the kids to play on. This picture is of Ian's cousin Eli. I can't look at it without laughing. I don't know that I've ever seen a more perfect picture of complete and total joy.

Even when its hectic and busy, I think this is where God wants us to be.


Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

I Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: