Thursday, September 6, 2007

Odds and Ends Revisited


I have nothing deep to say today, but I do have a few odds and ends that have rattling through my brain....

Luciano Pavarotti died today, I have never been an opera fan, but you had to respect his talent and ability. I also liked his attitude, he didn't seem to take himself too seriously.

The saga of my truck continues, we are still dealing with the 'service engine light' first it was because of the gas cap, this time it was something different, but the guys at D&R Automotive couldn't find anything wrong. The light is out, I've got to drive it a couple of days before I can get the emissions tested. I hope it works this time, my temporary tag is about to expire.

One last vent...during my recent job search, I ate lunch with a lot of recruiters and business people, and it was sometimes interesting to hear people order their food. Have you noticed that instead of saying "I would like to have X, Y and Z" they say "I'm going to DO X, Y and Z"? When did we start "DOING" food? You hear people say "Let's DO lunch"? and that sort of stuff. Is it me, or does that just sound weird?

Today's picture is one I took several years ago. It was one of the first pictures I took with my first digital camera. Like most of my other good pictures, it's a whole lot more about luck, than skill. I hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

KELLI said...

Hey Donnie!!

Our check engine light has been on for so long on the Maxima that if it went off I would think something was wrong!! My theory is as long as it's running I'm not going to complain!!!

Good to see you joing th blogworld!!

Donnie Hall said...

Kelli, just don't move to a county that does emissions testing and you'll be fine...