Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Proud of my decade....

What decade do you identify with? I've told people that the decade that you identify with is the one in which you graduated high school. Looking back, I don't think that's true. I graduated high school in the early 80's, but really, I consider myself a child of the 70's. There is nothing that takes me back to that time in my life like music. The radio station that I usually listen to is 95.5 'The Wolf' in Nashville. They are considered to be a country station, but they know their market, they usually mix in a few hits from the 70's. Lately, they've been playing Chevy Van which makes me feel 13 again.

Anyway, I was cruising around on the internet and stumbled onto this list of best selling albums. I was amazed at how many of the albums were released in 'my decade'. Nine of the top 20 were from the 70's. If you let me include 1968 through 1980, then my decade gets credit for 14 of the top 25.

Ok, we have to take credit for leisure suits, stacks, disco, and Watergate, but we made some pretty good music.

No comments: